Hi all,

after having succeeded to have an almost TCP-based NFS share mounted (see
yesterday's thread) I'm now struggling with the backup
process itself.

Definition of NFS share in /etc/pve/storage.cfg is:

nfs: aurel
        export /backup/proxmox-infra
        path /mnt/pve/aurel
        server <ip of server>
        content backup
        maxfiles 30
        options vers=3

With this definition, <server>:/backup/proxmox-infra is always mounted on
/mnt/pve/aurel on every one of my PVE servers.

Definition of backup job is:
  Nodes: all
  Storage: aurel
  Day of week: Mon-Sun
  Start time: 22:00
  Selection mode: Include selected VMs
  Send email to: <my email address>
  Email notification: always
  compression: lzo
  Mode: Snapshot
  Enable: true
  VMs: <selection of VMs>

Issue 1:
Backups failed tonight with "Error: mount error: mount.nfs: /mnt/pve/aurel is
busy or already mounted".

Question 1:
Do NFS shares that should be used for backups need to be "disabled" so that the
backup process just mount the share in preparation
of the backup? If so, there is a problem with the WebUI as I cannot select a
disabled storage location when defining or editing a
backup job.

Issue 2:
When the backup process failed no email was sent to the specified address
though email notification mode is set to "always".
Emails in general do work, at least apticron sends update notifications and
sending mails from CLI also works.

Question 2a:
Why was no email sent after the backup process failed?

Question 2b:
Does the WebUI use a different method for sending emails? If so where can this
be configured?

Regards,

        Uwe