Hello,

Testing the gl_interop.py example. See my specs:

[gse...@ccn release]$ ./deviceQuery
CUDA Device Query (Runtime API) version (CUDART static linking)
There is 1 device supporting CUDA

Device 0: "Quadro NVS 135M"
  CUDA Capability Major revision number:         1
  CUDA Capability Minor revision number:         1
  Total amount of global memory:                 133496832 bytes
  Number of multiprocessors:                     1
  Number of cores:                               8
  Total amount of constant memory:               65536 bytes
  Total amount of shared memory per block:       16384 bytes
  Total number of registers available per block: 8192
  Warp size:                                     32
  Maximum number of threads per block:           512
  Maximum sizes of each dimension of a block:    512 x 512 x 64
  Maximum sizes of each dimension of a grid:     65535 x 65535 x 1
  Maximum memory pitch:                          262144 bytes
  Texture alignment:                             256 bytes
  Clock rate:                                    0.80 GHz
  Concurrent copy and execution:                 Yes
  Run time limit on kernels:                     Yes
  Integrated:                                    No
  Support host page-locked memory mapping:       No
  Compute mode:                                  Default (multiple host
threads can use this device simultaneously)

Don't know what is going on really but after I hit "e" the FPS jumps from
~70 to ~1000 :)

Ahh just caught something, the window doesn't like to be maximized without
the CUDA mode on.

[gse...@ccn examples]$ python gl_interop.py
Hit ESC key to quit, 'a' to toggle animation, and 'e' to toggle cuda
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gl_interop.py", line 134, in display
    process_image()
  File "gl_interop.py", line 181, in process_image
    ctypes.c_void_p(0))
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyOpenGL-3.0.0c1-py2.6.egg/OpenGL/error.py",
line 194, in glCheckError
    baseOperation = baseOperation,
GLError: GLError(
    err = 1282,
    description = 'invalid operation',
    baseOperation = glReadPixels,
    cArguments = (
        0,
        0,
        1440,
        848,
        GL_BGRA,
        GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,
        c_void_p(None),
    )
)

Maybe I need a newer PyOpenGL??

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Michael Rule <mrule7...@gmail.com> wrote:

> gl_interop :
> is the expected behavior : opens a window which contains nothing (
> random garbage ), which then crashes on attempts to resize ?
>
> has anyone gotten closer to a functioning GL example ( e.g. preparing
> a vertex buffer in CUDA and then using it to render, say, a mesh, for
> accelerated computation of some simple physical simulation ? )
>

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Andreas
> Klöckner<li...@informa.tiker.net> wrote:
> > On Dienstag 28 Juli 2009, you wrote:
> >> I would also like to try to experiment with pycuda openGL,
> >> how do you get the gl_interop example working ? I get the following
> message
> >> :
> >>
> >> "ImportError: PyCUDA was compiled without GL extension support"
> >>
> >> Is compiling pycuda with GL extension documented anywhere ?
> >
> > Add this to your siteconf.py:
> >
> > CUDA_ENABLE_GL = True
> >
> > Anddreas

Gökhan