On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:17:07 +0200, Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> wrote:
> Dnia 2011-06-11, sob o godzinie 21:45 -0400, Andreas Kloeckner pisze:
>
> > Sorry to be a pain--but can you add some (at least light-duty) tests of
> > all this new stuff? :)
> >

> Sorry for the delay - was busy with work.
>
> Here is patch adding CURAND4 with tests and documentation.
> I also added ability to call skip_sequence on XORWOW,
> and fixed problem with skipahead: XORWOW and Sobol64 use
> 64-bit argument, Sobol32 accepts only 32-bit argument.
> For CURAND 3.2 this was not a problem, but CURAND 4.0
> started using templates and trying to use 32-bit
> skip-ahead for XORWOW resulted in kernel compilation
> error.
>
> Now everything is OK, and all tests work.

Failed for me on GTX 590.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/pycuda/tools.py", line 549, in f
    inner_f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/test/test_gpuarray.py", line 286, in
test_curand_wrappers
    gen = gen_type()
  File "/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/pycuda/curandom.py", line 836, in __init__
    'curandStateScrambledSobol64',
sobol64_random_source+random_skip_ahead64_source)
  File "/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/pycuda/curandom.py", line 725, in __init__
    raise ValueError("Initialisation failed. Decrease number of threads.")
ValueError: Initialisation failed. Decrease number of threads.

I don't understand this error message--I added a facility that queries
max_threads_per_block on each kernel it knows about. (This is in the
generators_per_block property getter). That should make manual
intervention of this sort entirely unnecessary. Any idea why that's not
working?

Also, I encountered these warnings, which I'd like fixed.

/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/pycuda/curandom.py:636: DeprecationWarning: setting
the block size in Function.prepare is deprecated
  p.prepare("PiPi", block=(self.generators_per_block, 1, 1))
/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/pycuda/curandom.py:652: DeprecationWarning: Not
passing the block size to prepared_call is deprecated as of version 2011.1.
  self.block_count * self.generators_per_block, dir_vector.gpudata, offset)
/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/pycuda/curandom.py:702: DeprecationWarning: setting
the block size in Function.prepare is deprecated
  p.prepare("PiPPi", block=(self.generators_per_block, 1, 1))
/home/kloeckner/src/pycuda/pycuda/curandom.py:719: DeprecationWarning: Not
passing the block size to prepared_call is deprecated as of version 2011.1.
  dir_vector.gpudata, scramble_vector.gpudata, offset)

Andreas