Lev Givon <l...@columbia.edu> writes:
> Received from Jerome Kieffer on Thu, May 31, 2012 at 02:11:14PM EDT:
>> On Wed, 30 May 2012 14:02:12 -0400
>> Lev Givon <l...@columbia.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > The address changes because the fft() and ifft() functions effectively
>> > allocate a new array when scaling of the result is requested. I'll
>> > modify the functions to perform the scaling operation in-place.
>>
>> This raises a question:
>> Why is scikits.cuda not merged into PyCUDA ?
>>
>> I don't want to hurt anybody but it looks like a natural extension
>> as cufft, cula or cublas are natural extension to cuda.
>
> I'm not opposed to eventually merging scikits.cuda with pycuda (the
> licenses, after all, are essentially compatible), but since they are
> currently developed by different developers and many users of the
> latter don't need the functionality provided by the former, I suspect
> that maintaining them as separately developed projects that can each
> be developed at a different pace is preferable for the time being.

Completely agree with Lev. I'm not opposed to merging scikits.cuda, if
there's a community consensus that that's the right thing to do. It's
mainly maintenance logistics that make the current arrangement
convenient. Anyway, if you feel strongly about this, now would be a good
time to speak up.

Andreas