The following forum message was posted by newman2 at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4661091:

Hi,
I like pydev very much and I am very happy with it.
But there is a little change I want to make for the moment.
I never programmed with java until now, but I looked into the pydev source code
and it looks that I can do it by myself.
So far so good, but...

The difficulty for me is to setup the project that way, that I can make a change
and rebuild that stuff on my PC.
I have download the pydev source code.
How do I open this source now with eclipse correctly so that it is possible
to re-compile it?
Is it too difficult for a newbie?

By the way – what I want to change is: The Auto-completion shows  (for my
personal opinion)
sometimes to much. So I want to include a option that names which are starting
with a special string or character given by the user are not shown in the
Auto-completion context.

Thx and regards
newman