The following forum message was posted by newman2 at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4661091:

Hi Fabio,

that is exactly what I was searching for. Great !
So I have tried it and did some progress - but not reached the goal complete.
What is working now:
-I can start the project,so that a second eclipse+pydev is coming up
-I can see there my changes in the pydev auto completion settings
-If I try to add a new project, than it will crash ( with or without my changes
)

So here is one further question.
Is it needed to bring it complete to work or
is it now possible to build only the auto completion part ( with my changes
) and to use this as replacement for the released pydev auto completion part ?
If possible , please can you give me some idea how?
I played a little bit with  the 'Export deployable plug-ins and fragments'
function from the  plugin.xml. With that its possible to build a File which
is named "com.python.pydev.codecompletion_0.9.7.1.jar".
But I dont have a plan what to do with it.

Regards and many thx for the help
newman