Quoting "Yann Leboulanger" <aste...@lagaule.org>:
Nothing more, still the same thing.

Ok, I'm quite sure this is not an issue with the postinstall script
itself.

I've made 3 new build to make sure. All 3 have their pygobject_postinstall.py
replaced with simply:
=====
import sys
if len(sys.argv) == 2:
    if sys.argv[1] == '-install':
        print ('Great, you\'ve reached the postinstall script')
=====
This means if you see "Great, you've reached the postinstall script"
on the last page, the installer worked.

The first [1] one is compiled as usual and will most certainly produce the
error message. The second [2] and third [3] have been compiled with the
bdist_wininst uac option set to various values.

Could you try them out? I'll bet the first doesn't work, but hope 2 and 3 do...

Thanks,
Dieter

[1] http://www.optionexplicit.be/projects/gnome-windows/20101028/pygobject-2.26.0-1.win32-py2.6.exe

compiled with python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 --enable-threading bdist_wininst

[2] http://www.optionexplicit.be/projects/gnome-windows/20101028/pygobject-2.26.0-2.win32-py2.6.exe

compiled with python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 --enable-threading bdist_wininst --user-access-control=auto

[3] http://www.optionexplicit.be/projects/gnome-windows/20101028/pygobject-2.26.0-3.win32-py2.6.exe

compiled with python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 --enable-threading bdist_wininst --user-access-control=force