Jose,

To access file relative to the frozen version of your app, take a look at;

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/blob/develop/doc/Manual.html#accessing-data-files

That will probably fix your problem.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Jose Luis Da <joseluis.d...@upf.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to create a standalone executable file for a python code that uses
> two txt files (config files) which define some parameters.
>
> If somebody changes the parameters of those text files, the standalone
> application should take it into account, i.e., the text files do not have
> to be fixed in the final code.
>
> I am using PyInstaller on OS X, I create the executable file, but it does
> not read the text files, while the python code does it without problem.
>
> Those are the commands I use to create the executable file:
>
>> python utils/makespec.py --onefile ../extest/exec_test.py nueye$ python
>> utils
>> nueye$ python utils/build.py exec_test/exec_test.spec
>

> What I am doing wrong? Or what should I add to my procedure?
>
> Thank you,
> jl
>
> --

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi state, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)