On 9/13/16 07:43, davecortesi wrote:
I have zero experience with the windows resource system so can't comment on that part. But to K.I.S.S., why not use the same arrangement as the other platforms? See the manual on how to find things at run time:

http://pythonhosted.org/PyInstaller/runtime-information.html

Or, you can add the logo.png to a bundle as a data file, see

http://pythonhosted.org/PyInstaller/spec-files.html#adding-files-to-the-bundle

Thanks, Dave.

The first link was very helpful and I didn't see in context of looking for bundling. I'm going to try pointing the exe to the " Files the user has placed with the app bundle.

The second link I had read before but shied away from. This running of pyinstaller will happen from within a Cmake run and I'd rather rely on arguments to pyi-Makespec than to add custom spec files to the build. Which is why I tried to (and still don't) understand the parameter to that flag.

Best,

coyot