Hi,

Would you mind adding this to the github issue
https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/2733
<https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/2733>, please, so it
will not get lost in my pile of mails.

>  "datas: files essential to the app but not included with
> ``binaries``, including names given by the |--add-data| option."

These files not need to be "essential" :-) But as you wrote, we need to
tell what is special to "binaries". But please let's discuss this at github.

> It's hard for me to better since I'm not sure exactly what binaries is
> specifically for.
> Could you describe the difference to me?
Sorry, I can't out of my head. I'd need to read the source, too.

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult, Landshut