From: Marx babu
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 12:54 AM
To: pyinstaller@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [PyInstaller] win32com.client Issues

Hi,
Please try out this solution if it can help you .
complete details are there.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55870378/python-pyinstaller-exe-throws-filenotfounderror-errno-2-no-such-file-or-direc

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 1:03 PM Ben Crews <ace...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello. I have a script which utilizes the win32com.client module and takes
input from a spreadsheet to generate multiple word documents based on a
standard template. This all works just fine in my dev environment, and with
certain installations on other machines. When I try to package up the whole
system, i've been running the basic pyinstaller myscript.py command. After it's
packaged, I move the input and template files to the same directory as the exe,
and some parts still work.

It seems like the Workbooks.Worksheets.Range() method doesn't work after I've
packaged up. My code will register the win32com application object, and open up
the input file. It will even read the data (I can see it output with logging
statements), but when it gets to a line defining a range, it just stops.

logging.debug(startCell.Address) #Reports correct value in the log
logging.debug(endCell.Address)   #Reports correct value in the log
workingRange = InputSheet.Range(startCell, endCell).Value
logging.info(workingRange)
InputBook.Save()
InputBook.Close()

Through trial and error I've found that if I remove the "Value" the script will
continue on to save and close the workbook, but will not log the data. I'm
truly stumped, and I just don't get this error when running without pyinstaller.

I can't share the full code without authorization from my company, but does any
of this sound familiar?

Thanks,

-Ben

Regards,