Hi
I'm running the 32-bit version of Python 2.7 on a Windows 7 64-bit laptop.
Before installing PyInstaller, I first ensured that I had set the env
variables correctly for PATH, and then used PIP2.7 to install PyInstaller

On running PyInstaller I can produce either the 'folder', or 'onefile'
output options and both work fine.  However if I include the option -w (or
--noconsole) to try and hide the console from a user who would run the
created app, the resulting exe that is created in the 'dist' folder has
zero byte size.  The creation process runs without any complaints and
finishes by stating that it was completed successfully.  The same happens
if I try and created an executable from a .pyw file.  Not surprisingly, if
I further try and run the created exe it returns the error message that it
is not a valid WIn32 application. For thoroughness, I have checked the
working exe files that I previously created (without the -w option) and
they are all 32-bit versions.

I've had a good search for an answer to this issue but come up blank.  Any
ideas?