It *should* [knocks wood] be a matter of just copying the programs themselves (all the .py files) to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, and dropping the modules used into /usr/lib/python2.[0-4]/site-packages ... but it could still get interesting anyway :)

Sounds easy enough. I guess we would remove the .py extensions so you can type "pykaraoke" or "pycdg" to run them. Looking at Meld (a python diff viewer) on my system, they've copied the main .py file into /usr/bin and called it "/usr/bin/meld".

All of the modules in PyKaraoke except the tiny pykversion.py are standalone programs (pykaraoke, pycdg, pympg, pykar), so I guess they would go in /usr/bin, which annoyingly means we'd need to create a site-package or similar just for pykversion.py.

Having said that, I've built PyKaraoke so that you can import the modules into your own python playlist managers etc. For that I guess we'd want pycdg.py etc to go into site-packages.

Then there's the font and icon files.

Enough rambling, I'll go find a howto about all this.

Kelvin.