On 4/8/06, Jay R. Ashworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [ lost address; pressed for time; please reply back onto list? ]

Not a problem :) I've done that before ;)

> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 08:06:06PM -0600, William Ferrell wrote:
> > >
> > > This is really spiffy.  I'm not sure how easily I'm going to be able to
> > > integrate it with the control-top I want to construct (which I've
> > > finally, at least, sketched out, and am trying to learn Glade to mock
> > > up), but...
> >
> > Yeah, I'm still trying to get some of the interface elements down
> > better. It's usable right now thanks to Enlightenment but it could
> > definitely be better.
>
> I will Try Really Hard to get a mock up of my design into a format you
> can look at, this week.

Excellent, thank you!

> > > Specifically, it can talk to my Phase 26 USB box, with 3 stereo outputs
> > > (I'm very much a "real mixing board" kind of guy).
> >
> > Ooooh, spiffy :) I likey :)
>
> Terratec, specifically.  Has a simultaneous input as well, with a mic
> pre.

I need to dig around and find one of these; this takes me a step
closer to an all-digital show.

In fact the only missing piece apart from digital mixing is a lack of
straight-from-CD CD+G player, which is something I'm interested in
doing anyway, and I think Python can do it. Any hints or thoughts,
Kelvin?

> > The site claims it can be controlled via the ALSA sequencer, though,
> > so it looks like it's possible.
>
> Ok.  In my case, again, it's because I want the control surface to be
> all-encompassing; I'm planning on a 17" touchscreen (with a
> micro-keyboard for entering search terms, optionally -- you could do it
> with a popup keyboard).

[droolification]

> > > And, BTW; kudos on the site; blogging with MW isn't easy.
> >
> > Thanks, and you're right, it's a pain in the ass. I had to modify code
> > to make that work. I'm tempted to switch it to Plone instead.
>
> I was looking at using Category tags, and a custom extension based on
> DPL 2, to do it myself.  Cause having each entry be a first-class
> article is useful as hell.

http://willfe.com.nyud.net:8080/index.php/My_MediaWiki_Hacks

Go read that -- it describes what I did to implement exactly what you
describe. And I hacked DPL2 ;) so that's exactly what you want. I'm
using Categories to tag things, too, and all entries are first-class
articles.

Hehehe.

The link is Coral Cache-ified by the way because I'm expecting heavy
traffic in a few days; a not-so-friendly company is threatening to sue
me because I posted my experience with them on my site, and
negotiations broke down recently. I went public with the details, and
Tom Martino (the "Troubleshooter") is going to have me on his radio
program Monday to hash this stuff out. Heh. This should get
interesting fast :)

--
Looking for something to read? Visit http://willfe.com/ ... it's easy,
safe, and fun for the whole family!