Hi Steve,

Good to hear from you.

I was reading the http://kibosh.org/blog/ and saw a couple posts about the
> project looking for a developer to look over the Windows port.  Has a
> developer been found yet?  I'm a developer by day and a while ago hacked on
> the pykaraoke source to make some improvements for my wife and I's setup at
> home.  Unfortunately, we never got around to rolling those improvements back
> upstream :( sorry.  Is there still some active development going on these
> days or any high level goals for the project?

As yet we don't have a Windows developer: if you have any spare moments to
contribute (however small) then that would be much appreciated. I'd be happy
to give you commit access to the repository at Sourceforge.

There probably isn't a huge amount to do that is Windows-specific. I have
run it in a VM occasionally and the main thing I noticed was that a few of
the popup windows were badly sized. Also I only have XP here so it would be
good to have someone with Vista on board to cover that. I have heard, for
example, that songs cannot be cancelled part-way through playback on Vista,
but don't have a copy to try it out.

Building release installers for Windows is pretty easy these days. I
documented the procedure here:
http://kibosh.org/pykaraoke-development-windows-installer/

Once you have the prerequisites installed, it's just a couple of commands to
build the entire installer.

Any features you think are lacking would be gratefully received, and
generally these would work on any platform. If you don't have Linux over
there then I can easily run your changes here to make sure they work
cross-platform.

Do you have any thoughts on useful features to add to the roadmap? Some of
the things I'd like to add, but haven't had the time to do yet, are:

* More KJ features (singer tracking etc, splash screen between songs)
* Playback of LRC & other formats
* Progress bar

Would be interested to hear any other ideas you have.

Best regards,
Kelvin.