Hi all,

I've been having terrible headaches with serving my Pylons app behind
Apache with ProxyPass directive.
Specifically, it seems I cannot get the app to work correctly in the
authentication phase.
I wrote this in the config file:

filter-with = proxy-prefix

[filter:proxy-prefix]
use = egg:PasteDeploy#prefix
prefix = /robur
translate_forwarded_server = true

But initially it wasn't working. I then figured that the problem was
my apache was setting different values for HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER and
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST. Paste's PrefixMiddleware makes use of the
former, but the correct value for me was in the latter. So I tweaked
PrefixMiddleware to make use of that instead.
Now it seems to get it right.

But it still doesn't work.

I'm using the form authentication method and in the form action I get
this auto-generated url:
http://intra.pragma2000.com/robur/

Note the trailing slash.
When I hit the login button, the url in the browser changes to
http://intra.pragma2000.com/robur./

Note the dot before the trailing slash.
Obviously the server refuses to work out this url.

Am I getting something wrong?

I even tried a different middleware for changing the url, some code I
found online on a mailing list post. But I can't get it to work
correctly. Somehow authkit always manages to go back to the wrong url.
I just probably don't know in what part of the middle stack I should
insert this new piece...

Can you help me out?
I'm beginning to get desperate... I can't believe there isn't a clean
solution to this trivial problem.

Thanks,
stefano