On Aug 31, 2007, at 10:24 PM, Jose Galvez wrote:

> First I'll apologize for cross posting but I'm not sure if this is an
> orbited, pylons or paste issue so this is being put on all three
> lists.
>
> Ok so I was going over the orbited pylons chat tutorial and I found an
> interesting error.  I set up my pylons app to be served with cherrypy
> rather then Paste#http (use = egg:PasteScript#cherrypy in the server
> section ).  Now if I try to use the orbited proxy to serve my
> pylons app
> I get the following error when I try to serve a non-static page:
> 2007-08-31 22:20:02.609 ERROR   <type
> 'exceptions.AttributeError'>:'ProxyBuffer'
>  object has no attribute 'chunked_body'   File
> "build\bdist.win32\egg\orbited\proxy2.py", line 213, in state_pre_body
>
> If I change my pylons serve from cherrypy to paste#http the error goes
> away.  I've been using cherrypy because I ad read somewhere that it
> gave
> better performance compared to past#http (that may no longer be true,
> I've not done the benchmarks) Any thoughts?

There's a bug in the pyorbited code. It should be calling
self.state_chunked_body instead of self.chunked_body in that line of
code.

This doesn't happen on Paste httpserver because it doesn't doesn't
support the chunked transfer-coding (that's why it's still HTTP 1.0).
Cherrypy server is HTTP 1.1 out of the box, and does chunking.

--
Philip Jenvey