On Wed, 2007-17-10 at 13:20 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
> FormEncode is overdue for a release, but before that a request: there
> has been some mention that FormEncode should ship more useful form
> validators.  For instance, FieldsMatch is an example of something
> currently shipped, but about the only example.  Other examples would be
> helpful.  Probably also something generic to do easy whole-dict
> validation would be quite helpful.
>
> Do people have classes or recipes they've written that are general
> enough to include directly in FormEncode?  If so, please contribute!
> Realistic examples in the docstrings will be very helpful.

I made one that uses Tidy and (optionally) beautiful soupt for user
submitted html. I think it's not really anything others haven't done
before, but perhaps it would be useful. Would you be interested in
getting that if it's ok to have a validator depend on tidy lib?

You might want to ask on the Turbogears list too, lots of custom
validators get used there too.

Iain