Which Apache error log file are you looking in? Do you have
VirtualHost specific CusomLog defined?

When run in mod_wsgi daemon mode, the sys.stderr output will be
redirected to a VirtualHost specific error log file if
WSGIDaemonProcess was defined in the context of the VirtualHost.

When in mod_wsgi embedded mode, the sys.stderr output will always go
to the main Apache error log file even if a VirtualHost specific error
log file has been defined.

Graham