Hi,

> Using tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile specifying this tmp directory could
> be an improvement if the deletion works ok. If I don't explictly close
> the file the docs say they will be closed and therefore deleted with
> gc is run.

Hmm...because gc can be run at any time, there's no guarantee the temp
files will still be around by the time the browser gets around to
retrieving them.  It may work, but it sounds a bit fragile.  Your idea
about StaticURLParser and Cascade sounds elegant, and it should bypass
routes dispatching unless you insert a route mapping which matches
/tmp or /_tmp or whatever you call it.

MZ