On Dec 15, 3:06 pm, Iain Duncan <iaindun...@telus.net> wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm working on a wsgi app that I hope to eventually make
> public. I'm not sure what to do about documentation, I plan on using
> Sphinx for hand written docs, but don't know whether I should also use a
> javadoc style tool like epydoc or doxygen, and if so, which one. If
> folks could tell me what seems to be the preferrence for pylons related
> projects that would be great.

I'm not sure, but I think Sphinx can extract documentation from source
files. Or, that's what this `sphinx-quickstart` option implies to me:

    autodoc: automatically insert docstrings from modules (y/N) [n]:

I haven't tried it, though, and I'm curious too about how other people
document classes and methods (beyond PEP 8 recommendations). For  a
while, I was doing  something like this (which I think I stole from
Pylons and/or Paste):

def method(self, arg, arg1):
    """Do stuff and return things.

    More explanation if needed. Multiple lines and/or paragraphs.

    ``arg``
        Blah blah.

    ``arg1``
        ``arg1``` is super cool.

     """
     pass

Poking around in the Python 3.0 source, there doesn't seem to be a
standard for docstrings, except maybe the use of reStructuredText.