On Jan 27, 1:56 pm, PF4Pylons <ultimulunic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Thanks for your replies.
> Godaddy doesn't support mod_wsgi and they support FastCGI only for
> Perl and Ruby.

There is nothing special that has to be done to FASTCGI setup to
support a particular language. If they already have Python installed
for CGI scripts, you should be able to use it with FASTCGI. The only
dependency is that you may have to install flup into an area in your
own account and use it from there instead of it being installed in
main Python installation. In worst case you could even install your
own Python installation so you can use any version you want instead of
any antiquated version they supply.

That they say they don't support Python either means they just don't
want anyone running Python at all, or they don't understand how
FASTCGI works which leaves the question of why you would want to use
them if their technical knowledge is so limited.

As such, you may want to go find a web host that actually knows about
Python and how to host web applications using Python properly. That
company doesn't seem to be a very good choice.

Graham