Hello list,

I'm in the process of internationalizing a Pyramid application, and I'm
currently stumbling on a few problems.

Basic setup as per the tutorial works fine: I can extract message
strings to catalog files using Babel+Lingua, fill-in the PO files,
compile them to MO files and display the result.

1/ After looking at the docs and the source code, I'm more and more
convinced that Babel can't handle pluralization. Do you have any hint on
the issue?

2/ Editing the PO/POT files manually to add pluralization is not
possible, because they are overwritten next time I extract the strings.

3/ Manually adding msgids/msgstrs to a PO file (for additional messages) fails for the same reason: if it's not in the source code, it is deleted from the PO file :-(

4/ A solution might be to use a separate PO file for additional
translations. This is the way I am exploring now. I've created an extra.po file and compiled it to extra.mo, but it's not taken into account. Yet.

5/ I've also to find out how to use multiple domains in my app (among other problems, how to localize deform widgets - the tutorial didn't work for me...)

Well, I think that's all for now ;-) Lot of questions, and I'd be very grateful for all answers/pointers/hints/suggestions :-)

Many thanks in advance,

Laurent.