hi all, how do I properly create a param with route_url ? when I do

*return HTTPFound(location=request.route_url('user_recent',
username=auth.username, page='1'), headers=headers) *

> /Users/Shared/webapp/lrd_env/lrd/lrd/views/articles.py(67)recent()
-> with ReqAuthorize(request):
(Pdb) p request
<RequestWithUserAttribute at 0x106268c10 GET
http://0.0.0.0:6543/admin/recent>
(Pdb) p request.GET
GET([])
(Pdb) p request.params
NestedMultiDict([])
(Pdb) p request.GET.get('page')
None

however, manually making the request in the browser yields expected results:
safari: http://0.0.0.0:6543/admin/recent?page=1

p request
(Pdb) <RequestWithUserAttribute at 0x10629c7d0 GET
http://0.0.0.0:6543/admin/recent?page=1>
p request.params
(Pdb) NestedMultiDict([(u'page', u'1')])

how am I forming route_url incorrectly?

regards,
Michael