may be a little OT here, still worth a read in this context
https://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/StranglerApplication.html

On 19 September 2017 at 15:10, Brian Sutherland <br...@vanguardistas.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:05:17PM +0300, Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:
>> Hi Roberty,
>>
>> You are right; Pyramid is your best bet. Pyramid community knows ho to
>> interact with ZODB and Chameleon is prettty close to ZPT.  I would suggest
>> continuous migration approach, where you start moving views to a Pyramid
>> server URL by URL, using some kind URL map on the front end web server
>> (nginx?)
>
> We are just finishing something like this and took a slightly different
> approach:
>
>     * Serve Zope and pyramid via WSGI within one process
>     * Use something like the paste.cascade middleware to first attempt
>       pyramid and on a 404 fallback to Zope.
>     * Stash the pyramid request inside the WSGI environment to make it
>       available from within Zope. That way you can change helper
>       functions slowly to use the pyramid request and not need 2
>       implementations.
>
> Having the "use Zope if pyramid returns a 404" is probably the best part
> of that, you can replace urls with equivalent implementations slowly
> without breaking links.
>
>> -Mikko
>>
>> On 14 September 2017 at 19:12, <roberto....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello to everybody,
>> > I have an alive application running in (on) ZOPE 2.13.
>> > We are maintaining the application with linux virtual machines running
>> > python 2.7 and ZOPE 2.13.
>> >
>> > Here are a summary description of the objects present in ZODB:
>> > - 335 pages are written in *ZPT *(Zope Page Template)
>> > - 230 pages are still written in *DTML *=> we are (slowly) rewriting them
>> > in *ZPT*
>> > - 123 javascript (*DTML *Document type) scripts
>> > - 919 python scripts
>> > - 421 *ZSQL *scripts => we are (slowly) moving SQL queries on server side
>> >
>> > Moreover, we use *ZOPE Extensions* to call *external *services that are
>> > - called through XML/RPC protocol
>> > - 80% provided by a python business application server
>> > - 20% provided by a java-tomcat business application server
>> >
>> > Since ZOPE is dead, or so it seems (at least as own product),
>> > I'm looking for a little-painful-solution to run away from ZOPE.
>> >
>> > My idea was keeping the 2 business server python and java and porting only
>> > the ZOPE stuff in another python framework.
>> >
>> > I thought that PYRAMID could do the job, expecially if I could port easily
>> > the *ZPT *pages to CAMELEON.
>> >
>> > Can anybody give any suggestion?
>> >
>> > Thank you very much,
>> > Roberto Vivarelli
>> >
>> > --
>> > msgid/pylons-discuss/1483d157-bcca-4530-95e6-f886845d9e6f%
>> > 40googlegroups.com
>> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/1483d157-bcca-4530-95e6-f886845d9e6f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> > .
>> >

>> --
>> Mikko Ohtamaa
>> http://opensourcehacker.com
> [...]

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Newark-on-Trent - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>