Hi folks,

I want to make a schema + a form connecting to SQLAlchemy and be able to
identify if an username is unique and emails are unique. I am using these
as a base:

https://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid-simpleform/en/latest/
https://github.com/thruflo/pyramid_simpleauth/blob/master/src/pyramid_simpleauth/schema.py#L212
https://github.com/thruflo/pyramid_simpleauth/blob/master/src/pyramid_simpleauth/model.py#L290

For example,

class Signup(formencode.Schema):
    """Form fields to render and validate for signup."""

    allow_extra_fields=True
    filter_extra_fields=True
    username = UniqueUsername(not_empty=True)
    email = UniqueEmail(resolve_domain=False, not_empty=True)
    password = Password(not_empty=True)
    confirm = Password(not_empty=True)
    chained_validators = [
        validators.FieldsMatch(
            'password',
            'confirm'
        )
    ]

In the example from simpleauth he has a function called get_existing_user
that UniqueUsername is calling in the _validate_python method.

However the get_existing_user is accessing a global SQLAlchemy session
which is always exposed:
https://github.com/thruflo/pyramid_basemodel/blob/master/src/pyramid_basemodel/__init__.py#L54

I wanted to use what the current Pyramid documentation suggests, which is,
having a request.dbsession that you propagate through your code instead of
a global variable.

For example:
https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-alchemy/blob/latest/%7B%7Bcookiecutter.repo_name%7D%7D/%7B%7Bcookiecutter.repo_name%7D%7D/models/__init__.py#L52

Is there any way to make pyramid_simpleform / formencode receive the
request.dbsession?

I couldn't figure out from the docs, tried some parameters like state and
extra but no juice. In the end I did something like:

from pyramid.threadlocal import get_current_request
request=get_current_request().dbsession

Which the Pyramid docs tells not to do and I don't want to.

Thanks!

--
Atenciosamente/Regards
André Castelan Prado