I am not a package maintainer, but if I recall correctly, this is a benefit
and not a desire.

I believe one of (several) reasons for this licensing decision was to stop
third-party groups from monetizing the documentation at the expense of the
project. IIRC, several commercial sites had mirrored outdated versions of
the documentation and used advanced Search Engine Optimization techniques
to overtake the rankings of the official and current documentation.  This
is a common plague to Open Source Projects.

IMHO this is a benefit because the software and documentation change often,
and should be installed or upgraded using the Python Package manager.  The
official installation instructions (
https://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/latest/narr/install.html)
target package manager installations, not operating system installers.