Dear Andi,

many thanks for your review of the patch and helpful comments.

As mentioned in my previous mail to the list I’m afraid to let you know that we
currently cannot put more effort into this task. This may change in the future
of course.

However, with „funding“ my idea was to look for open source funding such as
provided by the Python Software Foundation (e.g.):
https://www.python.org/psf/grants

That’s probably worth a try - especially because the PSF is well known, has
some sponsors and also receives donations by companies using Python and Python
related projects on regular basis…

> Thank you for the work done so far, it's looking really good but it needs to
> be refreshed to JCC/trunk and latest Python 3 to minimize work on my side.

Ok. Maybe ASF could contact PSF and ask for such a grant that could be uses to
>    hire back the contractor who did the JCC Python 3 port originally and have
>    him/her refresh it for the latest JCC on trunk
? (If he/she is willing to do so … that’s another question).

Just thinking about ways to get this forward. I’m afraid I cannot provide more
support currently ,-(

best regards,

Thomas
—