No worries
-- we are testing pylucene against original delivery in Windows, RHEL7 and
CentOS 7 as we support these platforms and have started integration of pylucene
& lucene/tika into our business logic/CIE systems..
We target python3 but I will make sure the changes can be reflected in the
python2 unit tests as well.. I'll let you know when I something ready.

I'm working off the SVN trunk and assume you prefer a diff patch set..