>On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 06:05 PM, Timothy Moore wrote:
>
>Hi, I was wondering if anyone could explain how to use get_view on the
>native version - which only has the pymol viewer window - when you don't
>seem to be able to cut text from that..??

Hello Tim,

This should work:

1) Download and unpack the native pymol distribution so that the native PyMOL directory is in the /Applications folder:

        /Applications/PyMOL

2) Then open a Terminal window (by double-click Terminal in /Applications/
Utilities), and type the following:

        sudo ln -s /Applications/PyMOL/Darwin/pymol.com /usr/bin/npymol

(this creates a link called "npymol" to the native version of pymol, to avoid problems since you mentioned you also have the Xfree/Fink version on your system)

3) Now you can launch the native pymol from the command line (Terminal) by simply typing:

        npymol

all the ouput from the program will appear in the shell from which you launched it, and you will now be able to copy it. However, note that you will NOT be able to input commands to pymol by typing into the Terminal window, so you will still need to do that by typing into the graphics window.

Hope this helps!

Luca

Luca Jovine, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular, Cell & Developmental Biology
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Annenberg Building, Room 25-18
One Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, NY 10029-6574, USA
Voice: +1.212.241-8620  FAX: +1.509.356-2832
E-Mail: lucajov...@mac.com
W3: http://www.mssm.edu/students/jovinl02