Tony, Gareth,

when I display sidechains only, I want to see the proline nitrogen.
After I've loaded all objects, I select all mainchain atoms (except
proline nitrogen) and display sidechains like this:

select mainchain, n;C,O,N and not pro/n
show sticks, object and not mainchain

The advantage is that the mainchain selection works for all objects that
have been read into pymol before selection, like so:

show sticks, object2 and not mainchain
show sticks, object3 and not mainchain

etc

Andreas

--
                    Andreas Förster
Dept of Biochem, Univ of Utah, 20N 1900E, #2460 Eccles Bldg.