Charles,

Simply awesome!  It works great on Windows and Mac too...

Folks, I think we've finally hit on a workable paradigm for extending
PyMOL's capabilities via these lightweight, end-user-installable plugins.
You have my full encouragement -- go crazy with this stuff!  This
grass-roots user-driven development is exactly what PyMOL was supposed to
enable...

To help the sharing process along, I've created a new plugins page on the
SourceForge site and welcome your submissions.

http://pymol.sf.net/plugins.html

I can already see that we'll need a user-friendly "Install Plugin..." menu
item in the next release that will automatically copy plugin files to the
correct location.  In the meantime, installation directions can be found on
that page...

Provided that plugins are released under a suitable (non-viral) open-source
license, I don't see any reason why good ones couldn't become part of the
standard PyMOL distribution, which would of course save users the trouble of
having to download and install them.

mailto:war...@delsci.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist