That's good advice, except that you'll lose any bonds between the two
selections...

the following example will keep those bonds (by duplicating atoms)

create protein2, (selection_1)
create protein3, ((not selection_1) extend 1)

set line_width=1.2, protein2
set line_width=2.0, protein3

PS. "extend" is relatively new selection operator...

--
mailto:war...@delsci.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.