Hello Peter,
This is something I've been struggling with for awhile now. You can export a povray file from PyMol (just search the list archives), but at the moment that's about it. I have written a small python plugin for Blender that can import the smooth_triangles from a PyMol/povray file. Of course this will only allow you to work with objects composed of triangles (surfaces), but if I had more time I think it wouldn't be too difficult to make the plugin work with other shapes too (i.e. spheres, cyclinders, etc.). If you would like my Blender plugin just let me know.
Ciao,
Scott