>    1. Alignment and Translations/Rotations (Joshua L. Adelman)

> rotation of the protein). Ideally what I want to do is do a single
> alignment of the last frame of the first sequence with the first frame
> of the second sequence (they should be nearly identical structures)
> and
> then get the translation and rotation matrices that were used and then
> apply them to all of the .pdb files that compose the frames of the the
> second group of structures.

Probably you already considered to use the programme named LSQKAB from the
CCP4 suite, didn't you? If not, so it's worth to try. It runs under a lot of
operation systems. This programm can align the given two structures just
only by specific residues or the hole protein. It provides you with the
rotations/translations matrix which you can apply in another round to
overlay the the different frames sets.

Best regards,
Bartholomeus