Hi to all

I'm trying to use the rms_cur command and I was successful when I did
this:

>select selection1, (object1 and i. 57 and (name c,o,n,ca))

>select selection2, (object2 and i. 57 and (name c,o,n,ca))

>rms_cur selection1, selection2

but when I try to specify the chain with the residue 57 (I have 6 chains
in my pdb file) I got the error "ExecutiveRMS-Error: No atoms selected".
This is how I try:

>select selection1, (object1 and chain L and i. 57 and (name c,o,n,ca))

>select selection2, (object2 and chain L and i. 57 and (name c,o,n,ca))

>rms_cur selection1, selection2

I had no problems with the selection because I got the 4 atoms I wanted
the problem was when I try to get the rms between those two residues,
does anybody has an idea how to fix it? Am I putting the wrong syntax?

Thank you all for your help

Teresa

Teresa De la Mora Rey

Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics.

University of Minnesota

Lab: (612) 624-0141

"Never be afraid to try something new... remember amateurs built the
Ark... professionals built the 'Titanic'".