> The only difficulty I have with these movements is that when
> you do fragment rotation you never know exactly what the axis
> of rotation is going to be.  Usually I have to play around
> with the overall camera view and the atoms I'm grabbing a few
> times before I can get the rotation I want.

I have received some good suggestions about how to deal with this, by having
PyMOL automatically set the origin at the fragments center of mass.  In the
meantime, ctrl-shift-middle-click to set the origin on a particular atom
before commencing to rotate.

Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com