Hi,

Here I have two questions:

1) I superimposed two protein structures. They are similar but have different
numbering of residues, e.g residue 34 in structure A is equivalent to residue
38 in structure B. I want to show only the side chain of residue 34 for
structure A and residue 38 for structure B. I selected only structure A, and
type the command: show sticks, resi 34; and select only structure B and: show
sticks, resi 38. But the residue 34 in structure B and residue 38 in structure
A were also shown. Could anyone teach me how to show residue 34 in structure A
and 38 in structure B only?

2) Related to the same molecules. I want to show sticks for the R-group of
residue 34 only. I typed the command: show sticks, resi 34. But the backbone
atoms were shown also. Could anyone teach me how to show sticks for the R-group
only??

Thanks in advance!!!!

Phoebe
Graduate student