From: Valentina Corradi [mailto:valentina.corr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:25 PM
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: 3D visualization and Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ/Nvidia GeForce
3D Vision Kit

Dear PyMOL users,

my research group is interested in using 3D stereo visualization with
PyMOL.
We have a Windows Vista/Linux (Fedora 11) 64 bit system, with Nvidia
GeForce GTX 295 Graphic card and Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision Kit (Samsung
SyncMaster 2233RZ 120Hz monitor).

Dr. Delano's post, dated June 22 (
http://www.mail-archive.com/pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg07014.h
tml ), says that only Zalman monitor can be used with PyMOL for 3D
stereo visualization.

I installed the latest Nvidia 3D Vision drivers (released on June 22)
officially supporting our monitor and I read on PyMOL home page that on
June 30, PyMOL 1.2r0 version supports stereo 3D for Samsung display.
I am wondering if now it is possible to use this PyMOL version or the
latest one (1.2r1) for 3D stereo visualization together with the OS and
Nvidia kit we have.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Valentina Corradi,
University of Calgary