Hi,all,

I am encountering a problem with symmetry mates generated by pymol. It
seems that the naming system in pymol and ccp4-supported ACT program are
not consistent. I have tested several pdbs in P4212 space group and
attempted to figure out the relationship between these two, but failed. I
appreciate it if you could hint me out.

Some comparisons are listed below.

ACT:NSYM ( number of symmetry operation) followed by number of
translations of one unit cell along x,y,z.

PYMOL: the first two digits are the symmetry operation. The next six
digits correspond to the relative integral unit cell translation xxyyzz.

I figured that the symmetry operation( the first two digits in pymol) is
off by 1 compared to the first digit in ACT, but have no idea how the last
six digits relates to the ACT

1em7.pdb

pymol        ACT
01000000     21-10