From: Sean Law [mailto:magic...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 4:54 PM
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [PyMOL] Replace Coordinates in State

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a faster way to replace all coordinates.
I've used commands such as iterate_state and alter_state before but they
are far too slow since they have to iterate over each atom.  Instead, I
want to replace one set of coordinates that correspond to a specific
state with a different set.  Here's what I have to work with:

I have a list that contains x, y, z coordinates.  Of course, this list
can be manipulated and/or separated if necessary.  I'm assuming that the
coordinates for a specific state are stored somewhere in memory and I
would basically like to replace one set of coordinates with the other.
I would think that something like "pointers or references" would work a
lot faster than having to copy the coordinates over (which is typically
slow and is likely what alter_state is doing?). In addition, I am
dealing with 100+ states using alter_state for each state would be far
too slow.

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Save up to 84% on Windows 7 until Jan 3-eligible CDN College or
University students only. Hurry-buy it now for $39.99!
<http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691631>