I don't have any MD trajectories on hand at the moment, but can DynoPlot do
this? If not, it might be an easy modification.

Cheers,
-Michael

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Sean Law <magic...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Another idea that came to mind while staring at MD trajectories all day is
> the ability to display measured values (distance, angle, dihedral, etc) in a
> localized or boxed in area (maybe even under the list of objects).  The main
> use for a measurement area would be to make it easier to monitor allosteric
> effects.  For example, from an MD simulation, if I have a protein that has
> two distant binding sites and I want to monitor the effects on site A
> (perhaps, the cavity of site a changes) when the inhibitor binds to site B.
> In PyMOL, I could measure the distance between the inhibitor and site B but
> it may simply be too far away to see the changing value as I flip through
> the frames since it is so far away from site A.  If the measurement was
> instead displayed in its own distinct area, independent of the molecule
> viewing pane then this could be helpful (or have it displayed in both a
> separate location as well as the molecule viewing area).
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Sean

> Windows® phone-your Windows stuff, on the go. See
> more.<http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9708119>

Michael Lerner, Ph.D.
IRTA Postdoctoral Fellow
Laboratory of Computational Biology NIH/NHLBI
5635 Fishers Lane, Room T909, MSC 9314
Rockville, MD 20852 (UPS/FedEx/Reality)
Bethesda MD 20892-9314 (USPS)