Hi Ashok,

there are several ways to visualise alignments. Here is a nice overview:

Visualization of multiple alignments, phylogenies and gene family evolution
James B Procter, Julie Thompson, Ivica Letunic, Chris Creevey, Fabrice
Jossinet & Geoffrey J Barton
Nature Methods 7, S16 - S25 (2010)
http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1038/nmeth.1434

To address your question, it is not possible to my knowledge to upload
a sequence only to PyMOL. Keep in mind that PyMOL is a molecular
viewer, not a sequence viewer.  If you want to see your sequence, you
probably would have to create a 3D model of your sequence (e.g. using
MODELLER).

However, I think you have an interesting idea. It would be handy to
sometimes see a given sequence aligned to the structure I am looking
at.

Question to Jason (and the community for feedback):
Would it be possible to write a module that takes one or more
sequences, aligns  them to a given structure (or set) that is opened
in PyMOL and shows the aligned sequences in the sequence viewer? This
feature would be very handy for me when evaluating alignments before I
run MODELLER.