Hi Craig,

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:29:44 -0500 Craig Smith <boiler...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the prompt responses I received so far.  That really helped.
> But, set_color black changes the color globally.  Can I do this locally?
> For example, I'm highlighting two polypeptide chains one blue and one
> yellow.  The yellow labels are hard to see and I want to change them to
> black but the keep the blue chain labels blue.

Yes you can to this locally (at least by object). Simply add the object name
to the command. Say you have two objects called "object1" and "object2" and
you want to label all of the C-alpha carbons with the residue name and
number, you could do:

label name ca, "%s %s" % (resn,resi)

set label_color, black, object1
set label_color, blue, object2

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor