On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:10:02 -0500 Robert Campbell
<robert.campb...@queensu.ca> wrote:

> Hello Tom,
>
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:28:26 +1100 Tom Dupree <t.dup...@unsw.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a *.sdf (it can be a *.mol2 if that makes it easier) that contains
> > multiple ligands. I'd like to open this one file and see them all at once.
> > It currently loads each ligand into its own state. Is there a way to
> > over-ride this behaviour?
>
> You don't need to over-ride the loading behaviour.  You can simply set the
> "all_states" variable to 1 (or "on"):
>
> set all_states, 1
>
> (or use the "Settings -> Edit all" menu item).

I could have added that you can set this variable specifically for one (or
more) objects.  Say you have a set of structures that you want to see all at
once (we'll call it "multi"), but you have another object with multiple
states, but you only want to see those one at a time and step through them
(we'll call it "single"), then you can set the above variable to 1 for just
the one object:

set all_states, 1, multi
set all_states, 0, single

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor