Hi Wataru Kagawa,

The intensity of the colors depends on the values of the data and the
color ranges on the color ramp.  In fact, in editing mode,
CTRL-dragging can control the upper/lower values of the ramp,
effecting the coloring.  On top of that, you can assign colors to
different numerical values.

All that should matter in your case is that the actual values remain
the same.  Are they?  If not, have you investigated changes to the
algorithms or implementations?

Last, for more help on ramps, see http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Ramp_New.

Cheers,

-- Jason

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Wataru Kagawa <wkag...@aoni.waseda.jp> wrote:
> Dear PyMOL users:
>
> I recently used the APBS plugin (v1.3) to display the surface potential of a
> protein. I noticed that the charged surfaces were much more lightly colored,
> compared with the surface colors I have calculated in the past (maybe a year
> ago?) on the same protein, using the same softwares. The default settings and
> the same range (-10 kT to 10 kT) were used in both cases. Has anyone
> experienced this?
>
> I would appreciate any help.
>
> Wataru

Jason Vertrees, PhD