Hi Troels,

thanks a lot for the feedback.

> 2) I cannot disable a installed plugin.
> If i untick "Load on startup", the pymol command says: Plugin settings
> saved!
> But when I restart pymol, it still loads the plugin.
> I do have to say, that I am running the subversion version of pymol

Settings are saved to ~/.pymolrc_plugins.py, this is a script that
imports pymolplugins. Unfortunately this is loaded before your .pymolrc,
where you have the sys.path.append() line.

Fix like this: Create a ~/.pymolrc.py and place the sys.path.append()
line there, it should be loaded before ~/.pymolrc_plugins.py and ~/.pymolrc

> 3) Location of "Plugin search path"
> I am running Mint 12, where I have not installed pymol from the
> Synaptic, but building pymol from the subversion repository.
> There is some pymol Synaptic files
> at: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pmg_tk/startup, which is
> available, even though i did not install pymol through Synaptic.
> The real location should
> be: /home/tlinnet/Software/pymol/modules/pmg_tk/startup, where the
> subversion folder is residing.
> The "pymolplugins" locates
> the /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pmg_tk/startup, which is
> wrong. And the scripts i download from the git repository is placed here.

Are you sure about that? Can you please copy/paste this to the PyMOL
command prompt and send me the output?

import pymol
print pymol.__path__

import pmg_tk