Hi Mike,

you can fetch molecular files from any web address with the "load"
command. Examples:

File type recognized from file extension:

PyMOL> load
http://molecules.gnu-darwin.org/html/00150001_00175000/153919/153919.pdb

File type given with "format" argument:

PyMOL> load
http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/summary/summary.cgi?cid=5280443&disopt=3DSaveSDF,
format=sdf

Also, Mobile PyMOL (for the iPad) has it's own server capabilities,
including support for PubChem, PDB, Dropbox, etc.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Developer