Hi Alex,

We'll look into making this faster/smarter. To let you know, whenever you
move an atom, it deforms the surface and causes a recalculation. The bigger
your structure and higher quality the surface the longer this takes.

Cheers,

-- Jason

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Alex Truong <atru...@bu.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This isn't really a problem per se, I'm just wondering. Is there any way
> to more efficiently code the rotation protocol when the items being viewed
> are in surface view? Maybe my computer isn't fast/strong enough or
> something, but it seems whenever I try tweaking the position of one
> subunits in relation to other subunits while everything is in surface view,
> two redraws occur, and it's difficult for me to adjust with precision
> because there's so much latency between positionings. Just a thought.
> again, it's not really much of an issue, because I can just retoggle a new
> view or something as a workaround, but it seems like manipulations while in
> surface view can get a little GPU/CPU intensive. Are the redraws necessary?
>
> Alex

Jason Vertrees, PhD
Director of Core Modeling Product Management
Schrödinger, Inc.

(e) jason.vertr...@schrodinger.com
(o) +1 (603) 374-7120