Troels Emtekær Linnet wrote:
> There should be No asterixs.
>
> 2013/2/12 mark <m.r...@5-cent.us>
>
>> On 02/11/13 09:30, Troels Emtekær Linnet wrote:
<snip>
>>> I see the same error (X Error of failed request....) when I get a
>>> kernel update to my CentOS comp. That screws up my NVIDIA driver
>>> installation, pymol fails, and I have to reinstall the driver
>>> package.

It's not "screwed up", you have a new kernel, with different entry points.
Reinstalling the driver means rebuilding it. You *might* want to look at
kmod-nvidia from elrepo. I believe that rebuilds automagically.
<snip>
>>> The term "LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1", is controlling something with
>>> which method draws the window. By OpenGL or by the mesa driver.
>>> (Something like that). The OpenGL is super fast, and mesa driver is
>>> slow.

Very odd: if I export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT, glxgears fails. If I set it
to *anything* - yes, no, 1, 0, glxgears *works*.

However, pymol fails, always. As I said at the beginning of this thread,
it's very aggravating, since I can run it on other people's workstations,
but *not* on this server.

This is interesting. I just installed pymol on another headless server,
and it won't run on *that*, either.
<snip>
Btw, the script doesn't help, since a) it looks for a desktop icon; b) it
sets up git and svn environments, and then does the export with
LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT.

Thanks, anyway.

       mark